Monday 17 September 2012

Pumpkin Bling!


Each year we try to think of something different we can do with our pumpkins. Last year each of the children drew a pumpkin design onto paper. We used features from each one and but them all together on the pumpkin. The children helped to scoop out the inside and I then cut out the great design we come up with. 


Next came the decorating. the children were given a mixture of tools to paint the pumpkin with this included brushes in different sizes, cotton buds and rollers. They were then let loose with the glitter and in total I think we went through four pots and I was still finding glitter in the carpet a week later. 


We decorated the lid with a mixture of collaging materials such as silk flowers and wool. The children actually asked to do this as they wanted to make it into a hat. 


We were all very happy with the end result and loved the glitter sparkling even with the lights off. 

We would love to read about your lovely pumpkin ideas, so I have add a linky to this post to help you share them. If your after more ideas for this Halloween please check out our Pinterest board where I have gathered some great ideas or we have these ideas on the blog. 


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Nothing like Pumpkin Bling!!!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bling! I added one project from last year. I think we'll pick up some pumpkins this weekend. I've already been designated for scooping the "slime nasty," LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...