Thursday 30 May 2013

Fun Kids Costumes

Playful Learners is all about sharing activities to do with children in the home or in an early years setting. I love to think up new idea's to share with my  readers around my children's interests and listen to your ideas on how these ideas can be extended. With my new job starting this month I am hoping this will mean I am able to share even more ideas and even Publish some ebooks. 



I recently came a cross a post with some beautiful homemade dressing up outfits. You can tell looking at the outfits that these mums have put a lot of effort and time into these costumes. This instantly made me think how am I going to find time to make my children's outfits! In nurseries there is always an excuse for a dress up day and I love to look like I have slaved away over their costumes especially for Halloween. In my last year at nursery I used the material of a black umbrella to make two bat wings and attached them to a black top. Simple but an easy solution!

With Pinterest on my side I'm pretty sure that I will be able to make full use of my evenings. There are some fantastic ideas to be found and many come with detailed instructions on how to make them. Making DIY costumes are a lot of fun and can give themes more meaning when covering a topic at school or nursery if children are taking part. 

My eldest two love to dress up and every time they play role play games the dressing up box has to come out. Just this morning the children were playing with three big boxes. They disappeared off to the bed room and came back dress in there swimming gear, had a straw poking out of the mouths and glasses on. They explained that they were off scuba diving and the boxes were their submarines. I love the way they come up with such great ideas and how one object can represent another. If you are looking for inspiration for DIY costumes you could try ivillage. Even though Halloween is along way off it never hurts to have an idea or a plan in your head. 


Granted, the costumes that people share are far more creative and add a unique edge as opposed to a lot stuff you see online, but it’s really good to have a standby place online if you feel like you won’t have the time nor the creativity to make your own.


Just look at lovely little ensemble that I found in Fancy Dress Ball’s Halloween section

PR Collaboration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...