Wednesday 24 July 2013

Product Review: Catching Stars Teepee

Getting back into the swing of childminding I have put my mind to work on how to achieve the two area's of improvement I was given by Ofsted. It's important to me that I continue to improve and both point's were originally raised by my me during the discussion with the Ofsted inspector and this is why they have been added to my inspection report.

  • Whilst children have good access to fresh air and exercise, at present, learning opportunities in the garden do not represent a highly stimulating environment that promotes learning and challenges children outdoors. 
  • Whilst there is a safe and secure space for children to play, there are limited opportunities for children to sit and chat with friends, such as a snug dens and cosy spaces. 

The work and time I put into my setting is by no means based purely on impressing Ofsted. I look at my setting as a place children should be excited to visit and bursting to explore. 


When I first discovered Catching Stars on Facebook their Vibrant designs really caught my eye. I started looking through their photo album and instantly fell in love with with their Teepee's. Their beautiful teepee's were just the thing I was looking for to help in creating spaces for the children to rest and spend quiet time . I contacted the company my self to see if it was possible to review the teepee and when they agreed I could not wait for it to arrive. 

The Teepee came in one package which was surprisingly small and the poles were already in side the material allowing the teepee to be built in less then a minute. Once I had put it together I was amazed at the quality and detail in the product. 

The poles which build the teepee's frame can be easily removed in case of cleaning and in fact the whole teepee can be washed if necessary. Once opened the six sided teepee gives a large space for the children to play in, Little man and P fit in well but I would suggest it's better suited to a couple of toddlers. The doors can easily be sealed using velcro to hide surprises or when not in use. To keep it open there's ribbon tie backs on each side. 


The mat and cushion you see in the picture come with the teepee and help create and comfy setting to read books, play or rest. The mat is water resistant and the underneath can be easily wiped other with a cloth if you choose to use it outside. I have also used this mat as a mat for Tinnie to play on however he is a little too big for this now and is rolling all over the house instead. 


The children have enjoyed using the teepee in their play and as I sit and write this review the teepee is being used out side as a tent in the children's play. 

I love this teepee and the vibrant designs has given us a focal point in the living room for when I am minding. When buying equipment as a childminder or a parent I like to pick resources which I think will last and this beautiful teepee certainly will. I was originally concerned that the about the amount of room it would take up in the evenings when not being used but it the tent and mat can be easily wrapped up and tucked away down next to one of my units. 

Catching Stars describe themselves as a company dedicated to bright and beautiful designs to liven up family homes. Their website have beautiful range of Mat's, cushions and Teepees for both boys and girls. www.catchingstars.co.uk

To see our gorgeous tee pee in action subscribe to our You Tube channel and we promise to add some videos in the next few weeks. 

Disclaimer: I was sent this product to review on Playful Learners however all views are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...