Thursday 17 April 2014

Our Butlin's Break- Non Stop Entertainment

When we first joined the team of Butlin's Ambassadors there were are few of us that had been before. It's was lovely to read reviews of their previous visits and find out more about the three Butlin's resorts. Some thing that stood out to me was the 'non stop entertainment'. Many people told me that the children would have a fantastic time and that they would never get bored. I did a bit of further research before booking and decided that Bognor Regis would be the best site for our family. I was told that you could even look at the activities available to help plan in advance but I decided this was a little over the top for me and we would wait until we got there. 

We arrived at the resort at 9.30pm on the Friday night as I had work that day and the children I look after would not be collected until 6pm. From this point on wards the holiday was full of indeed  non stop entertainment. That evening we had some dinner at the Papa Johns restaurant, it was the only restaurant open this time of night so we didn't have much choice but the food was good and to be honest we just wanted to eat quickly and look around to see what the resort had to offer.  

The resort was buzzing and as we walked around the skyline pavilion it felt like a little village with a party in full swing. The area surrounding the pavilion was made up of little shops to buy gifts, a convince store and the restaurants.  We all had a play on the arcades before returning to our hotel to unpack  get the kiddies in bed ready for a day promising to be busy and pack with fun. 


The following day we woke up bight and early for breakfast and went to find the Splash pool. While walking through the skyline pavilion we spotted a show on the main stage. Angelina Ballerina was showing all the children how to do a ballet routine and Little Man was straight over to give it a go. The whole way through he had a great big beaming smile.


After an hours swim we went back to the hotel to drop our stuff off, ate our lunch and went to join in a pantomine. P sat down the front while Little Man sat with us as he was a little bit scared of the 'bad lady'. I do love a panto and I try when possible to take the children each year so it was lovely to watch one while on holiday. I was really impressed by this panto. It's was well put together and the staff were fantastic. 


Over the whole weekend I think we had an hour where we were stuck for something to do due to the weather so we explored the computer room at the bottom of our hotel. The children loved this and it was a good opportunity for them the have some wind down time and play games with their dad. 

I would suggest it is worth downloading the free Butlins app to keep up with what is going on on the park so you do not miss any thing. 


The picture are not great I'm afraid but the highlight for all of us during our stay was the Circus. The show was simply amazing. The clowns had us laughing all the way through the performance especially with their paper plane air planes and the rope act was simply unbelievable. We have been to few circus' in the UK and this has to be the best we have ever seen. I would definitely recommend that you take this extra cost into consideration when planning your holiday because you wont want to miss it.  






On our last day the children enjoyed watching the sesame Street show. A performance that had all the children up and dancing. Little Man was in awe that he had met the real elmo. I think it's things like this that set Butlins a part from other holiday parks. There is always some thing to do even if it's raining or your children are a range of ages no one will miss out. 

This show's change through out the year so you will not find you have to sit through the same show's every year that you go. I believe the current show is Thomas the Tank Engine.


The street entertainers always found my husband. The poor thing was desperately trying to avoid them by the end of the holiday but Little Man would always run up to say hello. They added a nice little touch to the holiday.




Before we left we took the children to the FREE fair. This may not be the most exciting photo but I wanted to mention the staff because for me they made the holiday what it was. The staff at Butlins go above and beyond to keep the families happy. The gentleman went on a ride with P so that both of the children could go on at the same time as they needed to be accompanied by an adult. As you walk around the park Red coats are every where talking to the children and their parents. The restaurant staff  help you to your table and get the children sat down. They even helped the children get their food and drinks when I had my hands full with Tinne. The whole hoilday my husband and I were commenting on how brilliant the staff were, they clearly enjoy what they do and this shines through. 

By the end of the holiday I could have done with another holiday to get over Butlins. To me this is a good this and what family holidays are all about. Butlin's will always be our holiday destination in the UK now. I thinks its great value for money and will make some beautiful memories for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...