Monday 21 July 2014

Product Review: Squidgy Sparkle Numbers

This September my little man will be starting school and on the build up I wanted to incorporate numbers and letters in our play a little more. Little man will be 5 in September and has already started to ask me about letter sounds and begun to make up his own number problems to solve so I know he is ready to start learning more about them. It's important this is done through activities that interest him to allow him to concentrate for longer and absorb more of the information he is learning about. 


We recently received a pack of Squidgy Sparkle Numbers from TTS Group, I have had my eye on these since my nursery days and never got round to purchasing some so I was very excited to use them with Little Man. 

I have big plans for these numbers so you are likely to find them in a few of my posts in the future. When they first arrived all the children loved the two tone effect and sat happily squishing them in between their fingers. My first thought was to use them in a similar way to TTS and I added them to our tray of couscous. 


The bold colours made the activity very inviting, H and J instantly got to work lining the numbers up and working together to make a number line. Once completed they shared the numbers out by colour and tried again. 

While the numbers are not in use they are hung in front of my patio doors where the sun will shine through most of the day. They often catch the children eye when they are sitting at the dinner table and J will use them to demonstrate that he can recognise the numbers up to 9. 


The numbers are made out of good quality plastic so they can be used in a variety of ways by the children without close supervision. Filled with gel and glitter they easily catch children's eye and stand out especially in the water tray or for doing a number hunt in the snow. 

Squidgy Sparkle Numbers are suitable for age 3+, Pack includes numbers 0-9, Size 15cm £18.95ex VAT

Activities to come including quidgy sparkle numbers (links to be added):
Snow number hunt
Number games on the light table
Number fishing
and many more 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...