Thursday 31 January 2013

Mono Printing Valentines Art


Mono printing is an idea I had not tried before with Little Man. Now that he is 3 I want to introduce as many ways as possible for him to make marks and give him opportunities for emergent writing.  I thought this would be a nice way to start after watching Little Man printing yesterday using cookie cutters. 


The tray was set up covered in paint of different shades of pink and red. I laid some cookie cutter hearts and   cotton wool buds beside it and asked Little Man if he would like to come and make some pictures. 


The cutters did not give a good effect so he gave up and picked up the cotton wool bud. He made some lovely circle shapes and then scribbled inside to colour them in. 


I loved to see just how much control he did have of the cotton wool bud and the shapes he could make. He even made a beautiful heart in the middle of this one. 



We place paper on top and little man rubbed the paper with his hand then picked it up to revel his art. 


Should a beautiful piece of art and something we will definitely do again. 

Little Man: 3yrs 4mths

4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! And it looks like a lot of fun. I'd love to do this with my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh your prints look great!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty.

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great fun. I think we will do something similar for easter cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...