Wednesday 9 January 2013

Product Review- Stokke Tripp Trapp

The Tripp Trapp chair was design and created by Stokke in 1972. The concept came from the designers own family experiences. His son struggled to find a comfortable way to sit when up at the family table. This amazing design is still one of the most eye catching designs on the market.

Stokke products have always struck me as a modern and sophisticated brand of baby products. I originally discovered the push chairs while working in a nursery in London a few years ago but by this point little man was too old to justify buying a one so instead I would walk past and admire the beautiful green push chair every day at work. 


With little Peanut due any time around the festive period, I was lucky to receive an early Christmas  present. Stokke offered us a lovely Tripp Trapp with new born seat to review when baby arrived. I was surprised that the high chair was available in so many colours, I was tempted to get the high chair in a beautiful eye catching colour. I did however put my sensible hat on and since I wanted to get all the furniture in our living room looking the same eventually I opted for a walnut Tripp Trapp and a lovely cream newborn seat. 


The chair arrived within a couple of days and I manged to hold off putting it together for a day before I got too excited and needed to try it out. Peanut by this point had still not arrived so Little man played test dummy instead. He 'helped' me put the chair together using the instructions which were easy to follow even for me! We put the chair together in five minutes and was amazed at the great quality of wood and the simple design. 


Peanut arrived on boxing day and since he has been in the chair a few of times. I found it really nice that he can sit in a seat at our level a dinner times when he is awake. This way he can hear and see us as well as him being included in a family meal. I have also used the chair to place him in when I'm washing up to keep an eye on him when his brother is playing in the living room or when he has just had his milk and I'm worried about his milk coming back up.


I'm so happy with the seat. So far I have not noticed any thing which is a negative with the seat. Peanut seems comfortable sitting in the chair. It holds him a a good angle allowing him to sit up just a little to look around at different shapes and lights. The chair would work great for children to feed in if they are weaning earlier than 6 months. I will continue to review the Tripp Trapp as Peanut gets older and will let you know how it is going. If you would like to find our most recent review please click on the Stokke label at the bottom of this post. 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely chair, it is nice to see something that looks really stylish like furniture rather than being for baby if you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! I didn't realise they came with a baby seat too, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! Looks stylish and will suit any home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...