Thursday 20 June 2013

Staying a Work at Home Mum

Over the last month or so there has been a lot of disruption in our home. The time has come for me to return to work and I made the 'brave' choice to go back and work as a Nursery Manager. This was going to mean find childcare for out side school hours for P including the holidays, dividing the pick up's between me and hubby and putting the children through long hour's in my nursery. We had decided that long term this would be worth it as we could then afford nice holidays and even get a mortgage. 

I was excited about getting to dress up for work again. I dug out my old work hand bags and browsed for some  Aperlai shoes  to make me feel more lady like. I brought a new diary and calender to help me get organised and even labelled all the children's clothes (very rarely done in this house). 


This was to be short lived. Before starting work I insisted that I wanted the boys to do a few short sessions to help them settle in. During these sessions I found I was completely on the edge and this was not helped out by the staff messing up Tinnie's routine and medication. There was just something that didn't sit right with me and at the back of my mind this was a constant worry. 

The weekend before I was due to start I completely changed my mind. I couldn't do it. I didn't want to miss P's school assemblies or events, I didn't want the boys being looked after by any one else but me. I turned down the role and decided that I would return to working from home as a childminder and even though there's no sassy shoes or designer hand bags I will have my children around me and that's the best job of all. 

Featured Post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...