Monday 14 October 2013

Top Toys for Under Two's

Too often I look at our toy collection and think to my self that the children have too many toys. It's taken me a while but I have come to realise when picking birthday presents or Christmas gifts for the children it should definitely be more about quality and not quantity. So here is a list of some of  my favourite toys Tinnie has played with over the last year and toys I would like to get him with his birthday and Christmas coming up. 





One of Tinnies favourite toys is the Lamaze play knot. The toy is full of stimulating colours, a mixture of different texture fabrics and sounds to develop all of babies senses. 


Fisher-Price Musical Lion Walker - This is a new toy we received for Tinnie and its been a hit with him and little man ever since we put it together. 




Tomy Hide 'n' Squeak Eggs . These have been a favourite for all my children and I remember having these when I was little.


Balls are suitable for children of all ages depending on the size. They have so many uses both indoors or outside. The ideas are endless for ball play!!

- This is one I have down on Tinnie Christmas list We have a good mixture of plastic and wooden toy's but I do love a good quality wooden toy like this one. 



This Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube is another lovely item for Tinnie's Christmas list and I plan to get something similar for  childminding.


A treasure basket is a great toy for children up to two and even older. I currently have one but plan to do many more now I'm looking after two one years old from December. Here's a post on how to make your own treasure basket.


I can not wait to get one of these for Tinnie for Christmas. Aren't they sweet! These Wheelybug Mouse Ride-on come in small and large 


We have a lovely big basket of musical instruments and This is a great Musical Instrument Gift Set for babies and toddlers.

Traditional wooden building blocks are a great toy for any age and I especially love these ones as they are great for building vocabulary. 

I would love to hear what your favourite toys are for your under two's. I may help me to build on my Christmas list. 

3 comments:

  1. My little boy loves bricks. He started by knocking down anything we built, now he is making his own building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES we love bricks too. So many possibilities aren't there!! :0)

      Delete
  2. this is so helpful! i have a 13 month old and i have no idea what to get him for christmas. the tomy eggs look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...