Thursday 17 October 2013

Garden Transformation

We have lived in our current house now for over a year and I blogged a little while ago about what it meant to us to have a garden, you can read the post here. We knew our children loved the outdoors and over the last year the have spent every spare minute they have outside especially in the summer. You see our outside is important to me for my work and for my own children and I feel that our garden has great potential to become an amazing out door space for the children to explore. 

When we first moved here I had great idea's to fill it with swings and slides but now I think it's important to find the balance between toys and letting children explore what is growing and living in their garden. 



The patio is where  most of the children's toys will be as they will be able to use wheeled toys better in this area and other activities can be set up on even ground. This are stretched around the side of our house which will eventually be covered with AstroTurf. This year we added a play house to be repeatedly transformed for role play and Chalk board to aid mark making.  

If I was to become an ambassador for Activity Toys Direct and had £750 to spend on equipment I would add the following toys to help extend opportunities for the children's learning by adding these items:


I would love to complete this area with two sand and water tray's like this one for sensory play. I love that these ones offer protection from the sun. 

A lovely kitchen like this one would be great for the play house.


Two cars for whizzing around the garden 


Every garden in my opinion needs a slide. I remember playing on mine for hours and they are great for helping as a den frame too. 

 P has been after a trampoline for years so I guess this would really be for  her but can you see to space underneath? Well wouldn't that be a great place for little ones to hide while the trampolines not in use!

I have also put together this pinterest board to share the DIY ideas we would like to use to help the children explore the garden through using their senses. 

This blog post is an entry into the Tots100/Activity Toys Direct garden makeover competition

1 comment:

  1. oh those are some lovely toys. I think the sun parasol over the sand and water box is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...