Friday 9 May 2014

Baby Play: Sensory Fabrics

I'm always looking for something different to add to my list of activities on offer for the babies and while organising our treasure and heuristic baskets I thought it would be nice to have a variety of materials the babies could explore and the older children could use during small world play.


I dug through my wardrobe and the children's dressing up boxes and was surprised at the amount of material I was able to find and in some cases recycle for old outfits. Pretty soon we had a box filled with different textures and colour for the babies to explore. 


Once the little ones had gotten over the excitement of crawling in and out of the tuff spot they enjoyed placing them over their ends. These see through ones were great for them to look through each of the different colours. They were large Juggling scarf's which are a great alternative to buying the Waldorf silks.
We placed the large sarees from the dressing up box along the ground and some of the babies enjoyed walking and running up and down the ground. While the older children waited their turn to try them on or drag them across the floor. 


Out of all the materials and fabric we put together their favourite was the foil blankets. They make a great loud rustling noise and the light shines off them beautifully. 

Give it a go put together a box of fabric's and different materials and see how your little ones enjoy exploring them. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi where can I buy foil blankets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissie I got mine off Amazon and I believe ebay do them too. Just type in foil blanket

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...