Sunday 17 March 2013

Product Review: thebabasling

When I fell pregnant I did what most women do and started writing a list of the things we were going to need. One of the item's which I wanted to try again this time round was a baby sling. I have tried baby carriers in the past and found them to give me a lot of back pain and was hard to put on when I was on my own. With our other two children I found I would try them once or twice then give up and just use the pushchair. I did a bit of research and spoke to some friend about what they had tried and decided I would give a sling ago. 

A while after Peanut was born I was contacted by Baba Slings and after chatting about their products I agreed to give it a try for a review. This was one of the brands that was recommended to me and I love the different colour's they offered. This make was recommended to me by a few other bloggers so I was excited to give it a try. 


 The pattern for the sling was beautiful when it arrived. I was really excited to try the sling out but I struggled a bit to use it even after reading instructions. I decided to have a look on their website and watch the videos for their use. This made it a lot easier to get him in and after a view tries I was able to get Peanut in with out getting flustered. 


 On our first trip out we visited a local park which was roughly a ten minute walk from our house. When we got there I did undo the sling and take him out because my back was already starting to ache but I tightened the sling slightly and on the way back on really noticed the difference. Peanut felt much more supported and I would have been comfortable to carry on walking with him.  On the way back Peanut also fell asleep and I think this was the point where I fell in love with the sling. I felt a lot closer to him and it was such a lovely feeling to have him snuggled up to me as we walked. 



So what do we think of the Baba Sling? Well over the last few weeks I have not really used it as much as I should, now the weather is getting nice I'm going to start using it more when doing the school run. I would say however that I do love the sling and feel like it is a carrier I could stick with. I love fallen in love with the modern pattern of this sling and love the padding on the sling to support my shoulder. I would highly recommend this sling to any one looking to buy one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...