Thursday 16 May 2013

Garden Theme Bedroom Part 1

We moved around a year ago to the house we're now in and when we first did so I promised my self that I would make this house feel like a home as the last house never truly felt like a home. The most important rooms to me were the children's room's and since the eldest two were sharing I thought I would attack their room first. P and Little man moved into the same bedroom to give Peanut his own room now that he is old enough. 


The first thing we needed to do was come up with a theme that they could both agree on and would last until Peanut was old enough to share with his big brother. They decided on the theme of the garden as it is something that could suit both boys and girls. So mini beasts for the boys and butterflies and flowers for the girls. 

I think this process will be a long one. The main thing which I wanted to cover was to get the theme clearly seen when you walk through the room and I think we have done that. 


The next big important thing to me was that they had enough storage. We used some large box units we already had and then purchased some boxes for inside and on top from Vertbaudet for all of their toys. This is also where we purchased the lovely shaggy pile rug from which makes a great environment for P's fairy play. 


A bit of a fuzzy photograph but this beautiful tree was sent to us by Dotty Frog Decor. The lovely tree filled a large section of the main wall in their bedroom. Living in a rented house we are unable to paint the walls, using wall stickers has been a great way for us to put our own touch on the children's room and can be easily removed when we decide to change the room's around again. 

We still have a lot more planned for the bedroom including curtains with hand sewn details and art work picture frames so that's why this is only part one. Do you have a beautiful themed children's bedroom? I'd love to see a photo and you can add them to our Facebook page

Disclosure: Dotty Frog Decor sent us some wall stickers to review however all opinion's are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...