Wednesday 15 May 2013

Making Smoothies With Actimel


Fruit and Veg has been one of those things that bother me. The whole family completely lack fruit and veg in their diet and I know this lies down to me! So this summer I'm on a mission to squeeze as much of it as I can into every day. Because this is a life style change I plan to introduce it to the children in many ways to get the children learning more about healthy foods. We have started to plant our own veg and will be doing plenty of cooking with the apples which grow in the garden each year. 

 Last week we were sent a lovely little package of goodies from Actimel. The box was packed with fruit and yogurts from the new Actimel range which we were to use to make a smoothie. I thought this would be a fantastic way to introduce more fruit to the children by using the smoothies as a snack with they could even help make. Actimel comes in a variety of 14 flavours including fat free. Suitable for children from 3, each bottle of Actimel contains at least 10 billion L. Casei live cultures and Vitamins B6 and D - a perfect way to start the day!

So we set up the little smoothie maker and got blending a variety of smoothies using the recipe cards Actimel sent us as inspiration.  I say we but Little Man was the chef and took to work excited cutting up the fruit carefully with a safety knife. 


As Little Man placed every thing in the smoothie maker we tried the different fruits and discussed their tastes.
We came up with new words for him to descibe foods such as sharp, tangy and smooth. Little man explained that his favourite was a berries and that we needed lots of these in our drink. We went for a tasty smoothie made with banana's, mixed berries, passion fruit, mango and a bottle of Actimel mango and passion fruit.

Once blended down Little man noted the change in colour and was excited to pour it into a cup and give it a try. He described it as tasting like ice cream and I must admit it does remind me of my favourite ice cream. As part of my current diet I drink a smoothie (normally green) every lunch time and this recipe has to be my favourite so far and I'm excited to give the others a go. 

Disclosure: Actimel sent us some Actimel drinks, fruit and a blender to create some smoothies with. All opinion's are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...