Tuesday 30 July 2013

Product Review: Little Grippers

A little while ago I did a post on how to up cycle your odd socks and make turn them into a toy for your baby. The idea was a hit on our pinterest and Facebook page but although it's a great idea to use up some odd socks I'm sure I speak for all parents when I say I would prefer they just didn't go missing in the first place.  

With Tinnie the problem starts with trying to get him to keep his socks on in the first place. He hates to have anything on his feet and within two minutes his shoes and socks are usually kicked off. I was asked a while back if I would be interested in trying out and reviewing a new type of sock designed to stay on children's feet by Little Grippers. Of course I said yes I was intrigued to see whether they really worked or not. 


What Little Grippers had to say about their product, 'Our Baby Socks are designed to Stay On! Gone are the days of losing your babies or toddlers socks while you are out for the day. Our socks are high in cotton content, with a tiny amount of stretch for comfort and fit. Our unique natural, hypoallergenic Stay On Technology is applied inside the top of the socks to help them stay in place. Each sock has its own beautiful Gecko knitted into the sole which is our brand logo.'

When they I arrived I wasted no time at all getting them on his cute little toes.  Instantly noticed the great idea they had come up with to keep them on. On the inside around the top of the socks Little Grippers have a stretchy plastic material similar to what I have found before on a strapless bra. This ‘stay on technology’ applied to the cuff of the socks is in fact 100% natural and completely hypoallergenic. Although that may not sound comfortable as long as they are not too tight you can not feel the plastic. There was no doubting these socks do not come off, they stayed on all day even with Tinnie trying to get them off at one point. 


After a day of wearing them we did notice that they had left quite a large mark on his leg however I put this down to the size. Tinnie probably should of been in the next size up, these socks were 0-6 mths and he was nearly 7 months by the time we were reviewing them. Tinnie seemed very comfortable wearing them and I will be buying a few packs of the next size up. 

The pack of three pairs of socks can be found on the Little Grippers website for £10. www.littlegrippers.co.uk

Disclaimer: We were sent a gift set of Little Gripper socks to review. All views and opinions on the socks are however my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...